Monday, January 19, 2009

Just Left....

Hello landlubbers

We JUST left Nassau, Bahamas! I cannot believe that this is finally happening after planning this since August.. I showed up the boat with 4 HUGE bags and everyone was laughing haha I am the worst packer in the world and I did not leave one thing behind. Whatever, when I am rounding the bottom of Africa I won'y be saying "Damn, I wish I brought that black patent leather belt.." OH, CAUSE I DID!! :)

I had my first meal on the ship and it was not half bad. Of course I was the big loser who had to go to the "Vegetarian" section and pick up the lettuce and hummus wrap.. but it was fabulous!!!

In eight days I will arrive in Cadiz, Spain.

It's insane how open everyone is to meeting people. I have already met a couple people are going to be my solids for the trip. We all booked the same flight from port in Spain to Madrid. I hear Madrid is an amazing city so I definitely cannot wait to cross the Atlantic already!

Classes don't start until Wednesday so we are just doing a lot of orientation things for the start. A couple hours ago we had to dress in warm clothing and do a practice safety boat drill. They sounded the alarm, and we had to stand outside with our vests. I am lifeboat A1, so I named our clusted of 150 A1 Steaksauce, only the strong survive.

Just saw my Dad and Sister as we were leaving and I remember turning to my friend and saying, this is crazy, I am having a moment.

Ta ta for now.
Jac

P.s. The boat is rocking like CRAZY!!
P.p.s. Missu K*

3 comments:

  1. Sweet. Have a safe and fun trip. Beware of the late night buffet. Its very dangerous. Take care.

    your cousin mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you won't have that black patent belt, cause I have it...WHOOPS!

    Love,
    Your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very jelous of this amazing trip! Love how you named your cluster of lifeboat people A1 Steaksauce haha you think you will venture out on this trip and have ANY meat? hahaha miss youuu!!!

    <3
    Dane

    ReplyDelete