Saturday, April 25, 2009

Charity Auction and Talent Show

Charity Auction

 

The ship help a charity auction to help raise money for scholarships and things of that nature for SAS, is that charity?

 

They sold all sorts of things and students got to bid, auction style, using their shipboard accounts aka their parent’s money. Don’t worry… I didn’t buy anything.

 

Some items:

4 Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies - $55

Map of the route of the ship signed by the captain - $270

A chance to blow the ships horn - $250

Raise the American flag pulling into Florida - $200

Chinese Stamps (what??) - $42

Plate of quesadillas - $50

Book signed by Desmond Tutu - $290

 

And on it went…

 

Talent Show

 

The next night was the talent show! Wee!

 

You had to try out and I made it doing a contemporary solo. I was waiting all voyage for this. I practiced a couple times in the Union late at night and the man who would clean the room would watch. If he saw me during the day he would say, “Are you going to dance tonight? I want to see you fly!” Yes, I will be flying tonight.

 

The ship was rocking SO BAD the night of the show so I knew it was not going to be an easy feat. All my friends came to watch and went on 4th. I am my own worst critic so I was not really happy when I came off, I was getting tossed around. The best part about dance is that if you don’t do it, you don’t know what’s going on. I had good praise from everyone so I guess I fooled them into thinking it was something good. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment